This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'M BACK AGAIN - AGAIN

Yo Dudes,

When I finish a painting, I sit it in a corner and on occasion I look at it to see what needs to be corrected/tweaked.  Well sometimes I decide that I do not like the painting at all and that gives me some choices:

1.  Tear it up
2.  Paint over it
3.  Salvage parts of it and change the entire concept of the piece

After looking at the painting I did this morning - I decided I did not like it at all!!!!!!

Sooooooo i said to myself - "Self - which option will you select to correct this piece?"

I decided on #3!  This will be a good demo lesson for my blog buddies in the correction and tweaking and actual revamping of a completed piece.

What didn't I like about the original - EVERYTHING!!!!!

OK - let's begin.  This is the original piece as done.

After close examination - I found the wave to be too big and it just did not give the visual effect of the thought I woke up with this morning - that being:
A monochromatic painting with a splash of color.


Following is the painting as changed, which is pretty much a complete change other than leaving the sky and the horizon line of the original piece untouched.
What I did accomplish was a complete COVERING UP  of the wave and the design and implementation of some dune foliage ( I love dunes ) in the FG and then for the touch of color a small but very bright and obvious wave in the middle ground.

BAM

The first painting as completed has been altered and IMHO transformed into a much better painting which in fact depicts the thought I woke up with this morning in my sick little mind!!!  :>)

Now I'm HAPPY

"DISTANT WAVE"
8 x 10 on Heavy Linen Paper 


Some closeups for my ANAL WHOOPS "ATTENTIVE" blog buddies

HOW HE DO DAT??????




I hope you enjoyed my demo on how to fix a CRAPPY PAINTING!  :>)

THIS MY FRIENDS IS HOW WE & I LEARN - IT IS A NEVER ENDING PROCESS

JR  :>)