This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, February 2, 2012

LOW TIDE

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well, as you can see by the above title I went with "LOW TIDE" for the title of the beginning of the painting I started yesterday.  Having lived on the rocky coast of Maine for 20+ years, I can say that low tide is a very peaceful time of the day.  One can walk pretty much the entire length of the beach and it for the most part is quiet and very peaceful.

That said - this will be very quickly completed as it is only 8 x 10 and I'm using a big brush wet into wet with emotion-expression and a lot of energy.  For some reason this morning I feel full of energy and dont' expect the finish of this painting to take more than 10 minutes.  Soooooooooo  CHARGE!!!!

Yesterday we just had a sky - so I'm going to put in the horizon line identified by the darkness of the distant ocean.  OK, that was easy - we now have some distinction between the sky and ocean.  As you can see I have some guide lines sketched in for where I want the sandy portion of the beach to be.



OK - now for some ocean and distinction between the end of the ocean "creeping" just onto the "low tide line" of the beach.  This is normally seen with just a slight swirling and minor splashing of the incoming water.  I mean after all the water just can't SCREECH TO A STOP!!!!  :>)

BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM

DONE!!!!

As I say, small painting surface 8x10 - big brush all adds up to a quick painting.   



As usual for my ATTENTIVE BUDDIES a close-up so they can say:

HOW HE DO DAT?????



My DW went to see our Tax Accountant to get that process started - I hope we don't have to pay too much this year - yikes!!!!  :>(

So I figured I would finish up the start of yesterday and then pack up a few things - we want to go to the storage unit and perhaps re-distribute things again and pack in some more stuff that will be going into the RV and some stuff that will stay in the storage unit.

Well my friends take life easy - slow down - as does the incoming ocean at low tide.
Be peaceful and good to yourself.

JR   :>)