This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, February 13, 2012

THE START OF A NEW WEEK

Yo my Blog Buddies,

Well, this week starts the 7 week count down - 7 weeks to go before we depart to Elkhart Indiana to pick up our new HOME!  HOLY CRAP that is not very long.
Once February is over, time will go quickly as there will be a lot of last minute things to do!  Of course moving out of our TINY UNIT will require some re-distribution of things in the off site storage.  We are going to try and fit what we have in the TINY UNIT into the existing storage BUNKER!!!  It will be close but as we all know my DW is a packing genius!!!!  Just on the slight chance that all will not fit, we will need to find a small 5x5 or 5x7 storage BUNKER to use for a month or two.  So time will tell TWT!!

I mentioned a while back that I hope to offer some small painting workshops at some of the RV parks that we will be staying in for longer than one week.  I think I would enjoy doing this - again TWT!!!

Much of our initial first year of RV-ing will be very near the East Coast seaboard as well as into Nova Scotia and across into Old Quebec and on the St. Lawrence River , and down into Florida West Coast and the Keys.  So I've been and will continue to bone up my skills with ocean scenes. 

I feel rather sluggish today and the first part of the morning I did some RV administrative tasks as well as some more packing of STUFF for the storage BUNKER!  I also needed to inquire about returning our DIRECT TV equipment.  I had called and explained how we will be stopping the service come the end of March and of course the person on the other line had to go thru a 10 minute dissertation of how much they value our business and what a good customer we have been for the past 5 years!  I explained - WE ARE GOING AWAY - FAR-FAR AWAY AND DO NOT NEED TV SERVICE ANY LONGER.  He now suggested that we put our service on hold for maybe 6 months so IF we did need the service it would be easier to start up again.
"NO WE ARE GONG FAR-FAR AWAY - TO A PLACE TV SERVICE CANNOT BE GOTTEN!"  For some really stupid reasoning he decided to ask if I would be interested in a SPORTS PACKAGE!!!  Of course I had to ask "WHAT PART OF GOING FAR-FAR AWAY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?"
At this point he seemed to get on board and asked a whole bunch of info regarding the equipment I was asking about as to IF & HOW do I return it.  Seems pretty easy!
Welllllllllll IT AIN'T EASY!!!  He explained how he would send me return shipping boxes that I could pack the equipment into and mail it back to Direct TV.  He proceeded to verify my address information and the pieces of equipment and their associated serial #'s.  The #'s on the back of the units were so small I had to get my magnifying glass out!  OK all serial #'s relayed!  WHEW!!!  He now said "Let me put you on hold for a minute I have to check something out."  After THREE MINUTES he came back on the line and said "Mr. Secor this equipment we have talked about DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RETURNED!!!"  Argggggggggggggggggggg!!!

This whole process from the time I dialed and hung up took 23 minutes!!!!!!!

CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS TO BE REDEFINED!

OK now for my quick - very, very quick ocean scene - not much to it - as I say I feel sluggish and not overly creative.  However that said - and I just said it - one needs to paint something everyday - to keep the arm limbered up and the juices moving.

9 x 12 on Heavy Linen canvas paper- painted with the quickness of hand and the absence of pre-planning.  For quickies like these, my slogan is JUST PAINT IT!!!!

Something like this could be demonstrated in an "informal" workshop in about 10 minutes and then those who attended it and wanted, would be able to try and duplicate it, with of course my help.  I would venture to say that 1/2 of the folks who tried it would leave there with something in hand that they would be proud of and happy with.

"LOW - LOW TIDE"

BAM - throw in the sky!


BAM THROW IN THE:
HORIZON LINE
SOME LOW TIDE OCEAN
SOME LOW TIDE WET SAND



NOW THAT DID NOT TAKE LONG AT ALL!!!

OK NOW FOR MY "ATTENTIVE" BUDDIES

HOW HE DO DAT?????

SKY & HORIZON LINE


CENTER SECTION WITH CLOUD REFLECTIONS



Well my sluggish-ness is getting SLUGGIER!!!  Time for a rest and perhaps a nap.

Sooooo my friends take care and until next time - be good to yourself and others!

 REMEMBER

VALENTINE DAY IS VERY CLOSE!!

JR   :>)