This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Additional coastal stops

Yo my friends,

Well, in addition to Camden ME, on our way home we stopped at Rockport and Port Clyde both south of Camden.  Beautiful spots along the rocky coast of Maine

Rockport also has a wonderful harbor and Port Clyde is famous for the Marshall Point Lighthouse.

ROCKPORT 







PORT CLYDE - MARSHALL LIGHT







LIGHTKEEPERS HOUSE - NOW A MUSEUM



Hope you enjoyed the tour of this portion of the rocky coast of Maine - a very beautiful area - especially on a very beautiful day.

An interesting fact - scenes from the movie Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks were filmed on this location - pretty cool hey!  I'm starting to say "hey" now in preparation for our arrival in Canada in about a week.

We are headed off to sit on the rocks out on Ocean Point again as well as over to Southport a little community connected to Boothbay by a SWING BRIDGE which by definition is not a draw bridge but a bridge that actually swings out to the side in order to let boats through.

We will then walk around Boothbay Harbor - they have a great fudge store there (made on the premises) as well as home made ice cream - I guess I've identified today's lunch!!!!  :>)

Well my friends - enjoy the day and if at all possible keep the sun at your back and your eyes on the horizon.

JR   :>)