This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

PEMAQUID LIGHT

Yo my friends,

Pemaquid Light is one of if not my most favorite light houses.  The setting is just beautiful and the flow of the light tower into what use to be the the dwelling the keeper lived in ( now a museum) is beautiful.  We got to go up inside the tower to the very top and there are some photos of this.  You can see forever!!!  ( on a clear day!)






This is the view I decided to sketch


This is the bell tower



Back of Pemaquid Light




Pemaquid has the most beautiful rock formations leading up from the ocean to the  light house


This is what a writer does when brain-storming!!!!  :>)


The view looking up from the bottom of the rock formations to the structures
Below is a reflection of the structures in a tidal pool formed from high tide coming up onto the rocks - pretty cool HEY!!



View 1 from the top of the tower.  The tower is automated and controlled by the Coast Guard - they have started letting visitors climb up to the top


View 2 from the top


View 3 from the top - see how little those people and cars look!!!!!


Well, I hope you can now see why I love and enjoy Pemaquid Light so very much.  As I mentioned, it was the signature painting of my gallery for seven years and I would guess I did somewhere in the neighborhood or well over 100 paintings during that time frame and got to know it quite well.

Take care my friends and most likely I will not post tomorrow until we get settled in our new location near Acadia Me.

JR   :>)