This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TV

You my friends,

Our TV antenna is an omni-directional antenna on top of the roof of our RV.  It is rated to pickup TV signals within a 30 mile radius.  Well, being pretty much surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and no big city around - we do not have TV reception here in Nova Scotia.  We did not have TV reception in Salisbury Beach or in Damariscotta either - so we have been without TV for a while now and will be without it for the next month.

Thank goodness we like to read - but I'm thinking we may need to find a video store and rent a few movies!!!

Most RV-ers have a satellite dish either mounted on the roof or a portable one and subscribe to a service such as Direct-TV or Dish-TV.  The satellite dishes run $800 - $1,200 and the service is about $40 a month.  So we will try doing without TV in those places that we cannot get reception.
We have been in RV Parks that we've gotten up to 20 stations and also some RV Parks offer cable connections.

We read the news on our computers so with mostly re-runs on TV during the summer - we'll tough it out!

JR    :>)