This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, July 16, 2012

Good morning my friends

Well it is cloudy and there is some light drizzle in the air.  The extended forecast calls for possible showers and thunder showers for today and tomorrow - Wed clearing and possible isolated showers on Thursday.
Thursday we hope to go down to Halifax for the arrival of the Tall Ships.  Last count 17 of them will be sailing into Halifax Harbor throughout the day.  Should be a beautiful sight!!!!
Think I mentioned it before, but while at the Salisbury MA. state campground the first part of the stay it was quite rainy and quite chilly.  We were running low on propane (our source of heat) so we bought a 750/1500 watt ceramic heater.  This little thing is GREAT!!!!  I've got it on now and in about a half hour, the RV is nice and warm.  Since electricity is FREE at most RV parks, and I have to pay for my propane - it provides a nice alternative for a heating system.  FREE is good!!!!

We had a heck of a time finding one as Home Depot and Lowes did not have any as they both said it was too late in the season to carry portable heaters.  Well-----it was early MAY - we were in New England, it was 50 degrees, raining and a 25 mph wind was coming off the ocean!!!!!  I lived in New England for 50 years and I remember having to turn the heat on for many a  4th of July weekend!!!!  Anyhoooooo we found one at an ACE hardware in Portsmouth NH - ACE is the PLACE!!!!

Probably won't go on a journey today - just a day of relaxation, reading and perhaps a sketch or two.  I still have not figured out a good way to set up my easel in the RV - so maybe I'll sit and contemplate that issue!  :>)  I think I will start painting plein air at the little park we go to! 

Enjoy the day my friends and if for some reason you are served lemons - make lemonade or a lemon meringue pie!!!


JR   :>)