This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, July 2, 2012

Plein air in the park

Yo my friends,

Well, yesterday we went up to the park where the farmers market was on Saturday.  It was nice and quiet - a real good place to do some painting.  I did two paintings, a still life and a landscape.  The still life is of a pear, one of my favorite still life subjects and my intent was to try and bring out colors of the ocean.  I call this "Sea Pear"  This was done with a palette knife with gusto and quickness of stroke.  An exercise in getting the arm to move again after 3 months of not painting!


The 2nd painting was of Pemaquid light in S. Bristol Maine.  I had started this one while we were in Maine and then we got busy and I just finished it yesterday.  Pemaquid is one of if not my favorite lighthouse.


This is how a writer works when a painter paints.


Well, we went to the CANADA DAY festivities last night and it was very enjoyable!  These Canadians sure are proud of their country and know how to celebrate!  This was one of the many celebrations taking place all over Canada - this one put on by the little village of Hubbards Nova Scotia.  I  believe it has been 147 years since Canada became a country.

I will post some photos of this celebration in another blog posting later today/

Today most of the weekend end folks will leave and then WiFi will be back to normal!

Well, we Americans have the 4th of July coming up in a couple of days - so that will be our celebration.

Later Dudes

JR    :>)