This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Citadel Photos

Good morning my friends,

Well - I'll show some more Citadel photos to round out the presentation of this journey.

Remember the photo in the previous post where I showed the "bagpipe jam session?"  Well here they come in all their glory, along with drummers!





This fellow told us the importance of the bagpipes and drummers on the battle field.  Both of these units relayed messages to various officers and commanders.  Certain songs or certain drum beats relayed specific
instructions to these folks.  Additionally, the drum heads are made of calf skin so when they get wet it was common for the drum sticks to put a hole in the drum head.  Sooooo the drummers carried a bugle as well and would relay battle information via the bugle.



These drummers and bag pipe players gave a little concert for the crowd.  Now I know that most bagpipe songs all sound alike - however ya gotta admit that the bagpipe has a certain interesting sound that is nice to hear.








Well - today we will do some RV things around the RV - such as cleaning the house, and a few outside RV chores.  Then we will most likely go across the bay and sit in our newly found park and look at the boats, the water, the boats, the water, catch 40 winks, catch 40 winks ------------ you get the idea.

Enjoy your day my friends.

JR      :>)