This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some questions

Yo me buddies,

Over the past couple of weeks I've been asked two questions by several of my readers.

1.  How can you go off on your travels and leave family?

2.  What kind of paint do you use?

Well the first question is easy - Melissa and I have been married 28 years and have no children so kids are not a problem.  Family is another story - While living in the Southwest for 12 years, Melissa would fly back a couple of times a year and visit her siblings and parents.
After starting our RV adventure and visiting Melissa's family and my family, - the visiting of family is something we need to pay a bit more attention to and do a "family swing thru" while travelling.

As far as my painting:

I use Chroma Interactive Acrylics which I believe (after several trials of others,) to be the very best professional paint one can buy.  The paint is rich, creamy, thick and spreads with the consistency of nice soft butter!  The depth of color is fantastic as is the long term stabilization of the color to the UV factors.

I like to have texture in my work so this is the perfect paint for me.  Another excellent feature of this paint is the fact that it stays wetter longer than the normal acrylics on the market.  There are also a lot of "additives" that can be use to extend the drying time and to shorten up the drying time. You can use this paint straight from the tube as I do or you can dilute it with water for a softer less textured look.  The capabilities of this paint for all intents and purposes has no limits - at least I have not found any after many years of use.

I once did a test of Chroma Interactive Acrylics and oil paints.  I found very little if any difference in the finished product but yet the easy in use was superior with the acrylics - not to mention the smell of the oil paints and the awful cleanup process with oil paint.

Trust me - give Chroma Interactive Acrylics a try - you will love them.  Check out their website!!
Try out a couple of tubes or perhaps even a "baker's dozen" you will love them!!

http://www.chromaonline.com/

Their paints are very affordable and as a professional painter friend (Judi Wagner) of mine once told me----- when I asked her for some advice as to how I could "liven" up my work - she said:

"Use paint like you are a millionaire!"

Most artists when they start out are very conservative (cheap) with the amount of paint they use and thus can end up with paintings that have a lack of GUSTO!!

OK - now off for our morning walk and then off on a journey!!!

JR   :>)