This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, July 7, 2012

SKETCHES


Yo again my friends,

Well, the sky clouded up and the rain came before we could even finish breakfast so the farmers market and the beach are a no go for today!

That's OK - Melissa has been surfing on the internet and looking at condos in the Punta Gorda and Bonita Springs area of FL.  When down there for 5 months this winter we will look around for perhaps a condo to buy or rent  - in an area that appeals to us.  In searching the internet, these two areas seem "like us."  Based on the website presentation, I favor Bonita Springs.  This remains to be seen, but we will be in that area from Nov. - April  - so time will tell.  Part of our RV adventure has been to make note of areas we travel in that we like and might consider staying in once we decide to settle again.  Charleston SC for me at least was one of those 'special places."

This morning since raining, I decided to do some sketching of scenes I took photos of during our coastal drives along the shore line of the area of Nova Scotia we are in.

I've darken the photos so you can see them, but in reality the pencil lines are quite faint as I always go outside the lines - been a maverick all my life!!!!!  :>)



This is a good opportunity to discuss some of my painting style.  Off and on I talk about it as my style seems to keep on progressing into different styles.  I consider myself to be a non-realist - I like to paint loosely and am constantly striving to further loosen my style - to be one step to the good side of sloppy is my choice.  That said and I just said it -------------

There are all kinds of rules made up and I do mean "made up" for painting.  Most of these rules where made up when Jesus was just a little baby so I figure "what the hell" time for some changes!!!
There are "cast in stone - DO's & DON'TS - Welllllllllllll I mostly DO THE DONT'S!!!!!

To me the end result is what painting is all about and how you get there is to me of very little importance.

A lot of well known and want to be well know artists say "If you do not have excellent drawing skills - you can't paint!"  HS!!!!!!  I really cannot draw - and I do not like to draw.  To me drawing is what a pen & pencil artist does, which I greatly admire - but it ain't me!  I sketch and then when I paint, I always go outside the lines and develop and refine the sketch with my brushes or palette knife - my canvas is not a coloring book and under my sketch it does not say "See Jane run."!!!!

Many artists are known for their "brush strokes" and their work can be identified by these strokes - now that is painting!

I have never been one for rules and regulations - to restricting.

Well I made a prediction that the sun would come out at 1:30 - I did my Native American sun chant --it is 1:35 and the sun just came out!    

Enjoy the weekend my friends.

JR    :>)