This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, July 16, 2012

Rainy day sketches

Yo Buddies,

Well - did a couple of sketches this morning - I've darkened the lines so you can see them and before I paint, I will use a kneaded eraser to lighten the lines back up again - that way it's easier to go out side the lines - maverick that I am!!!!  :>)

When I first started sketching/painting, I went to an art store to buy a good soft eraser and the clerk asked if I ever used a "KNEADED" eraser - I said "No - I've never needed one!"  :>)

Scene #1 - this was an abandoned house and shed sitting out on a point in Peggy's Cove



Scene #2 - This was a little fishing shack sitting out on a small piece of land in a cove at Blue Rocks.


These are sketches - not drawings - sketches allow me to be looser in my painting approach which is the style I like best.  An accurate realistic drawing produces a really tight (detailed) painting which I do not like and besides which I CAN"T DRAW!!!! 
I sketch and paint - depending on the subject, I sometimes sketch with my brushes.

JR   :>)