This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, July 14, 2012

LaHave Nova Scotia

Yo my friends,

This is the 2nd half of the journey we took yesterday (Friday 7/14) and ended up in LaHave - which is a coastal town - nice stores and we had a very enjoyable visit there.  The south coast of Nova Scotia is sort of a collection of little fishing villages and of quaint towns with brightly colored homes.  Our favorite one is Mahone Bay and we'll go there at least once more before leaving Nova Scotia.
Halifax the big city is also a great place to visit and we plan on going down there on the 19th to watch the tall ships come into the harbor.

Some photos of LaHave:



The main street in LaHave


Of course a splash of color







Author at rest - Do not disturb!!!




In addition to finding the best CHOWDA I also seek out BAKERIES!!!
The best bakery so far is in Mahone Bay and the 2nd best is in LaHave.

Both had wonderful pasteries!




The lighthouses in Nova Scotia that we have seen thus far are not like the lighthouses on the rocky coast of Maine.

They are not round to begin with and they are not very high up on a land mass.  Most of them have been perhaps 15 - 20 feet above the ocean.

Well - today off to the farmers market here in Hubbard and then---????????

Time will tell!!!!

Have a great weekend my friends - enjoy life and enjoy one another.

JR    :>)