This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, August 2, 2012

Good Morning

Yo my friends,

Well, today is starting out cloudy with a chance of off and on showers.  We plan on going out and touring a couple of the villages here on the island.  I for photos of old barns and Melissa for general photos of the townships.  She has an idea for a travel article regarding Ille' d' Orleans that she is going to pitch to a couple of magazines.

I'm thinking of doing a series of old barns titled:  "The Test of Time"  Just an ideas but I love old barns and the history associated with them.  Ille' d' Orleans having been a big farming community and still quite a bit of farming being done today, lots of these barns are real old as in 100+ years and some of them really are showing their age.

We notice most of the folks farming are old ---- no young people seem to participate and we wonder what will happen to the farming on the island when the current farmers pass on.  Sort of a sad thought and we hope that the land is not sold and some money grubbing folks from the "big city" do not buy the land and put up condos!!!!

Well time to put on the coffee and begin the day!

Take care my friends.

JR   :>)