This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baie Saint Paul

Hello my friends,

Well today we went up to Baie St. Paul which is about 1 hour East of where we are.  It is a very beautiful small town that is one of our favorites in the area.  We have been there in the past in both winter and autumn but never summer.  It was busy and beautiful!!!!  There is one main street and I would guess there are about 20 wonderful galleries!!!  Some of the best art work I've seen thus far on our journey.  I loved the local Canadian style of painting it is so loose - so brightly colored and just a joy to look at - candy to the eyes.

I had a discussion with a couple of painters who were painting plein air and it came around to me being a painter for the past 18 years.  I was invited to come back and paint with them.  There is no charge for the space to paint in ( a tent) - if you sell something the gallery who sponsors this takes 30%. This is very fair as most galleries take 50%!!!!!

It was quite a compliment to be invited, but i most likely not participate as I'm kind of rusty having not painted much in the past 4-5 months.

I took lots of photos but of course cannot load them with our slow WiFi - I will do this as soon as we can find a better option for WiFi.

Take care my friends and enjoy life.

JR     :>)