This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Malbaie

Yo my friends,

I think I mentioned that yesterday we went up to Malbaie which is a little town about 2 hours east of where we are.  Very pretty ride - part of it highway and part of it along the coast line of the St. Lawrence River.

Along the way we always stop at a gallery and visit a painter Juan Cristobal - yes, a Spaniard who is married to a very beautiful French Fifi!!  We love is art work - following are some photos.

Their house and studio


Some photos of his work









This one below is a work in progress




Along the route there is an overlook where you can see back to Baie Ste. Paul



The big attraction in Malbaie is The Fairmont LE MANOIR RICHELIEU which is a very fancy and expensive hotel on a grand scale.  The hotel is in Charlevoix Quebec



Beautiful views of the Ste. Lawrence River


We both got a hamburger with french fries - the 2 burgers cost $32, with a $6 tip and $6 to park - so $44 for lunch - WOW!!!!!!!


After paying that - you can bet I cleaned my plate!!!!



On the way out, of course a splash of color!



All in all it was a very nice journey up into that area which we always visit when we come to Quebec.  This is the first summer visit we've had and WOW the scenery is just beautiful.

Hope you enjoyed this and today we toured some of the small villages here on Ile d' Orleans and I'll report on that in another blog posting.

Enjoy the weekend - life is good!

JR    :>)