This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, September 17, 2012

Scissor Jacks - A BUST!!!!

Yo my friends,

AN UPDATE as I know some of you are hanging on the edge of the cliff awaiting to hear the results of our meeting with the "scissor jack" rep.

Our RV is lower to the ground than the average RV - which I think is because the main floor of the RV is constructed so there is only about a 3-4 inch rise in the level of the main floor living space to the floor of the truck cab.  Most class C RVs have a pretty good size step up from the cab floor into the RV living space.

Soooo for those of you hanging onto the edge of the cliff, the scissor jacks will not work on our RV as they will be too close to the road surface when traveling.

However that said - and I just said it - if the scissor jacks are not attached to the underside of the RV and are in fact carried in a storage compartment, and only placed under the RV at the RV Park and cranked up to level the RV and un-cranked and put back into storage when ready to hit the road I question if this approach would be an alternative???

Well more research on this later as we make our way down the road - in the meantime we will continue to use of leveling blocks - these we drive up onto as many blocks as needed to get the refrigerator area of the RV as level as possible.  Most of the time we just have to put 2 blocks under front wheels and back wheels on one side of the RV and drive up onto them.

Not ideal but doable until we do some more research on other methods.

OH well - back to the drawing boards!!!!!!

JR    :>)