This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, October 18, 2012

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON

Well it has not cleared up yet and we've had a couple of light showers.  So Melissa is writing so I decided to paint.

This painting is 9 x 12 on a canvas sheet done very loosely and very quickly as an exercise to loosen up my style to that of the painters of Old Quebec City area.  They have a style in which they use very intense color and they do not pay lots of attention to straight lines and all the other archaic painting rules.  Do's & Dont's are cast aside for freedom in strokes and image.  I applaud this style.

I"m working on getting to a point that I mimic this style but with my own style dominating.  This painting is not yet loose enough.

St. Jean - Old Quebec City Region


Detail


I've learned to loosen up a painting style one needs to paint with what I call ABANDONMENT - GUSTO and very little regard for the "standing rules of painting" as well as having a preconceived attitude that your main concern is not how well or "pretty" the painting comes out.  I call it "THROWING PAINT AROUND"

Well, I hope you enjoy this "STUDY"

JR     :>)