This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pensacola Florida

Yo my friends,

Well, we pulled into Pensacola Florida around 1:30 this afternoon - registered at the Fort Pickens ranger station - got our RV all set up and the A/C turned on.

We were unable to bring in any TV stations so it looks like 2 weeks of reading at night - but hey that's OK we both have loads of books on our kindles.  We also play cards!!!

I tried loading up some photos but it is really - really slow so I hope that improves or you won't see photos of this journey until 2 weeks from today!!!1   :>(

I got 3 of them to load but it took a while.  We are using Melissa's iPhone as a hot spot but loading photos at this slow speed will eat up the data allowed.   So I will try some free WiFi sowntown when we go in to town.

Dreamcatcher sitting real pretty - as always

The tree trunks you see in the BG ar damaged hurricane trees - dead but yet still standing!




$10 per night - a real steal!!!!  Normally it is $20 per nite but with my SENIOR" Golden Pass I get 50% off!    :>)

The site has electricity and water but no sewer - there is a dump station so we'll have to go to it once or twice a week to dump the holding tanks.  No big deal!!!

Fort Pickens is located on Santa Rosa Island which is a barrier island and is prone to flooding - sometime minor during let's say a rather high - high tide.  Also during storms the flooding can be significant and evacuation could be required.  YIKES  HOLY CRAP!!!!!

They (the rangers) have a prediction and communication system in place should evacuation be needed.  

I will say - If a storm warning is posted or announced ---------- 

WE ARE OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!

23 SCA-DOO BABY!!!!!!!

Later my friends.

JR     :>)