This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, October 12, 2012

Good Morning

Yo my friends,

Well, today is our last day in Memphis as tomorrow we start our journey down to Pensacola FL.

Today we are going to venture out to the Civil Rights Museum and the Lorraine Hotel where Martin Luther King was shot.  The weather is iffy - it seem to want to rain - AGAIN!!!!  Oh well, our umbrellas worked fine yesterday so will they today.

This afternoon some chores to get the RV ready to travel 2 days to Pensacola FL.  We have a couple of Sam's Clubs and WalMarts in Mississippi lined up to stop at the first night IT"S FREE!!!!!  We should arrive in Pensacola in the mid afternoon Sunday - get our RV set up and go to the BEACH!!!!!!  :>)

My mind is still going back to Graceland - that certainly was BIG BUSINESS - we have never seen soooooooo many souvenirs most of them meaningless as they related ( DID NOT ) to Elvis.  While catering to the grownups with Elvis type costumes,  the array of meaningless trinkets for the kids was just unbelievable.  I thought the whole commercial side of the operation was very disrespectful "THE KING"  His memory as a recording artist should be honored but all the trinket CRAP - just a money making preposition,  another consumer rip-off.   ( IMHO )

I'm just saying!!!!

I will add that 100's & 100's & 100's of people were there yesterday!

Well, until later - take care my friends and enjoy your day.

JR      :>)